The Friends of the Dale Hollow National Forest Fish Hatchery recognize the importance of the hatchery to this area. We are committed to supporting the hatchery’s mission, promoting conservation ethics, education, and encouraging the sport or trout fishing.
- Provide support for hatchery operations.
- Provide educational support to local schools.
- Educate the public and government agencies on conservation issues and ethics.
- Work to provide opportunities for trout fishing for the public.
- Provide advocacy for the hatchery as needed.
Goal 1. Provide support for hatchery operations.
- Create a presentation on the hatchery mission for delivery to community organizations and government agencies.
- Establish a program to provide volunteer labor to supplement hatchery staff.
- Develop a Friends of the Hatchery web site.
Goal 2. Provide educational support for local schools and other groups.
- Create a presentation on the Stream Team program for presentation to all local schools.
- Create a fund to support Stream Teams in all schools willing to establish teams.
- Establish a cadre of trained volunteers to assist schools in carrying out the Stream Team Program.
- Identify education and training opportunities to improve educational efforts
Goal 3. Educate the public and government agencies on conservation issues and ethics.
- Create a presentation on conservation issues and conservation ethics for delivery to community groups and government agencies.
- Create a fund to support community education efforts.
- Establish a cadre of trained volunteers capable of making presentations to community groups and government agencies. Goal
4. Work to provide opportunities for trout fishing for the public
- Plan for fishing events to promote trout fishing.
- Establish relationships with local businesses willing to provide prizes and other support for events.
- Establish cooperative relationships with other Federal and State agencies interested in promoting trout fishing.
Goal 5. Provide advocacy for the hatchery as needed.
Establish mechanisms for communicating with local opinion leaders, media and elected representatives on matters affecting the hatchery.
- Identify individuals and groups capable of advocating on behalf of the hatchery.